A few mental notes that I’ve made since I arrived here at UD:
1. I’ve never had to stand in a 20 minute line for confession before. (Heck, at home it was just our family who went! I suppose the Slatterys are the only ones who sin in Middle Ridge)
2. It’s easy to get into a debate over ancient, epic poetry anywhere, especially over lunch (Achilles is a big baby, in my opinion, by the way).
3. It’s a small campus. And everyone seems to know my older brother. Every single time I’ve mentioned that I’m his sister their reaction is: “Ohhhhh, RAPH! Yeah, man, he’s awesome!”
4. My friends all remark that I walk exactly like said brother. A good thing….? At home my friends called it the “Slattery Swagger”.
5. Being from a family with 9 kids just doesn’t get the same respect anymore…I’m one of many now.
If you hadn’t guessed by number 4 that UD is a Catholic university, I’m pretty sure you got it by number 5.
More notes on college life to come!