It’s Finals Week here at the University of Dallas. I think a bit of this is on everyone’s mind:
Yup. It’s some fuuuun times here. I literally can not find a place to study that isn’t full of other people studying. It makes me feel like a slacker. The campus is fine(ally) settled down.
Every time I sit down, I suddenly am struck by all the things I would rather be doing, and studying on my bed is no longer an option. Do you know how dangerous it is? 5 minutes into studying for Economics, and my uncomfortable dorm room mattress is suddenly heaven.
Here are all the irrational and assorted things I get the urge to do when I really should be studying:
1. Go for a walk, a long one, with a nice book of fiction that is not an epic poem that is not a thousand years old.
2. Play piano-yes, let’s drag up pieces from years ago. Might need to brush up on that Beethoven for Understanding the Bible class, right?
3. Watch Arrested Development (actually I have done that when “studying”. It’s a brilliant show, and I highly recommend it)
4. Look, I suddenly want to write for the blog again!
5. Compile a Christmas wish list in my head.
6. Listen to Stan Rogers and relive my childhood. I want to “take the Northwest Passage”, and that makes me “an idiot, I suppose”. Ouch.
And lastly, I really just want to go home. Christmas in Wisconsin, here I come! 3 finals to go…